Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

SIP Parking Charge Notice
h3lp
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 15:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,194

Hi All,

One of our commercial vehicles received a parking ticket in the Royal William Yard in Plymouth recently.

We were unloading at the time on double yellow lines. There were no loading restrictions in force.

We were not causing an obstruction.

There were no free spaces near the entrance the site into which we were unloading.

The SIP operative issued the ticket onto our vehicle.

We have not disclosed who was the driver although we are now at the third party appeal stage (www.theias.org) and SIP have declared "The appellant was the driver."

I've copied and pasted our correspondence below, but I was wondering what my next step should be as I've heard you can't just ignore private tickets anymore?

During the alleged offence our vehicle (commercial light goods vehicle) was carrying out unloading. If the parking attendant had waited with the vehicle he would have seen multiple trips were being made to the vehicle to unload.

The vehicle was unloading in an area with no signs stating any loading restrictions whatsoever.

The vehicle was not causing an obstruction.

The parking firm have made no response regarding the act of unloading when I appealed.

I have uploaded supporting evidence that we were unloading to ***** at the time of the alleged offence, as we have done for several years before this firm took over the carpark.

Their reply :

The Operator Reported That...

The appellant was the driver.
The appellant was the keeper.
A manual ticket was placed on the vehicle.
The ticket was issued on 29/09/2017.
The charge is based in Contract.

The Operator Made The Following Comments...

The terms of parking are clear that vehicles must not park on double yellow lines, as can be clearly seen from the photographs the vehicle was parked on double yellow lines and as such is liable for a PCN in line with the contractual signage. It is irrelevant whether the driver claims to be loading as this is not a designated loading bay.

Thanks for any help offered.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
Advertisement
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 15:35
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
h3lp
post Sun, 29 Oct 2017 - 13:23
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,194

Thanks guys,

I put in my original appeal (before I came to this site for assistance) :

During the alleged offence our vehicle (commercial light goods vehicle) was carrying out unloading. If the parking attendant had waited with the vehicle he would have seen multiple trips were being made to the vehicle to unload.

The vehicle was unloading in an area with no signs stating any loading restrictions whatsoever.

The vehicle was not causing an obstruction.

The parking firm have made no response regarding the act of unloading when I appealed.

I have uploaded supporting evidence that we were unloading to ****** at the time of the alleged offence, as we have done for several years before this firm took over the carpark.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 25th February 2018 - 01:33
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.