PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mobile camera
h2221
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 15:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,256

does anyone know if a camera has to have a full frontal view of your car when registering a speed or can they get the front corner as coming around a bend? i.e. does the whole car have to be in the shot?

Haven't got a NIP but may be expecting one soon....

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Advertisement
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 15:39
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 16:28
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

I could see potential issues with just a 'front corner' - generally they would snap with the car fully in view. (But this does not mean you won't get a NIP)

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 16:43
Post #3

Member No.: 36,528

This was a van not a hand-held device?

--------------------

+Quote Post
h2221
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 17:20
Post #4

OK, it was a van, I saw the nearside window (closed) and braked then saw the offside open window, it was on the other side of the road. I hope it didn't get me! But will be a nerve wracking 14 days!

+Quote Post
h2221
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 18:40
Post #5

Also, do the operators take 2nd or 3Rd readings? Or is it first reading only and if over nip?

Thanks for the help

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 19:43
Post #6

QUOTE (h2221 @ Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 18:40) *
Also, do the operators take 2nd or 3Rd readings? Or is it first reading only and if over nip?

Multiple readings could be taken. Nothing you can do now unless the letter lands on your mat.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 19:43

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
h2221
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 20:01
Post #7

thanks, yep. I think my speedo was on or just under 50mph in a 40, (speedo is 4 mph out between 40-50) so hopefully under 46....... if he got me I think it would be between a hedge and a lamp post, went back later in the day and parked where he was, but who knows, I hope that I noticed it in time and time it took from seeing the closed nearside window to seeing the open one and managed to scrub off some speed.

14 day sweat here we come

This post has been edited by h2221: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 20:02

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 20:42
Post #8

QUOTE (h2221 @ Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 20:01) *
14 day sweat here we come

I have to admit having a few of those myself... ninja.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:15
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here