Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Multiple PCNs received from CEL Help !
Shmy
post Mon, 25 Mar 2019 - 00:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,070

Hi Guys,

I think my situation is a little different to most cases on here. I have searched the forums and cannot find anything the same so forgive me if I have not tried hard enough.

I have received three PCNs from Civil Enforcement. Each incident occurred roughly at the same time (within three months) After receiving the first PCN I decided to appeal. So I had a quick look through some forum sites for some information. I gathered the best route is to either appeal or to wait until you receive a court date, so I did just that. I appealed two PCNs out of the three both which were unsuccessful. I then decided not to appeal the third PCN and just to wait for the court date. I have now received a court date for the PCN I did not appeal.
However, I've realized that my case is a little different as CEL have three cases on me that will potentially also go to court, and this may change things. People have reported that CEL in most cases do not turn up to court but could they turn up considering the situation? How does this affect things? How do I go about the whole situation? Do I need to do things differently as I have three cases?

Also, I have not yet done anything with the court letter which I received two days ago! What do I do?

I need some serious HELP from you experts! All advice and contributions will be appreciated. Please Guys!

If you guys require any information I am happy to deliver. I have kept most of the letters that I have received from CEL and Solicitors.

Thanks

This post has been edited by Shmy: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 - 00:52
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Advertisement
post Mon, 25 Mar 2019 - 00:51
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 25 Mar 2019 - 07:26
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

It's never been the advise to ignore PCNs. Yes ignore after an appeal but start discussions again on a letter before claim.

So if this is a court claim then you must acknowledge the claim on line using the details and password on the form but do not put anything in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court. DO IT NOW. They cannot add on more cases to the current on without paying more than they could recover.

So how can we help? We have no details, need the NTKs, suitably redacted, front and back but leave dates. SIgns at the location would help.

This post has been edited by ostell: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 - 07:26

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Mon, 25 Mar 2019 - 23:57
Post #3

Hi

Will they make mention of the other PCNs in court to win?

I will acknowledge the claim as soon as I can. Thanks.

If the court location is in Northampton, which it is, does this mean that they mean business? Sombody made mention of this.

I will attach the NTKs and signs at the location asap. What do you mean by suitably redacted, front and back but leave dates.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 26 Mar 2019 - 07:21
Post #4

Northampton is the central clearing house for small claims. It will be transferred to the court of your choice later in the process. Yes they are being serious but with strong defence they are likely to withdraw before they have to pay for the claim to be heard by a court. Months away yet.

If they've only claimed for one PCN they can't add the others in at the last moment without a cost to them.

Just remove personal and identifying, like PCN Number and VRM, data from the PCN. Leave in dates

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Mon, 1 Apr 2019 - 00:06
Post #5

Hi Ostell,

I have acknowledged the claim online and also emailed the courts to be extra thorough.

As requested, I have taken pictures of the signs at the car park in question, and attached them to this post. I have lost the initial PCN but I have scanned and attached the other letters received from CEL, these include some information such as dates etc. I hope this helps!

Sorry for responding a little late.

Below are the attached letters from CEL

Attached File  2019_03_29_15.37.04.pdf ( 986.24K ) Number of downloads: 116

Attached File  2019_03_29_14.57.59_compressed.pdf ( 528.72K ) Number of downloads: 157

Attached File  2019_03_29_15.35.03_compressed.pdf ( 154.83K ) Number of downloads: 76

Attached File  2019_03_29_15.36.07_compressed.pdf ( 122.12K ) Number of downloads: 106

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Mon, 1 Apr 2019 - 00:21
Post #6

Below is the sign that was in place at the time of the incident. This sign was attached at both entrances at the car park, and also one located inside the car park. They have now been updated to only pay by phone signs. Ive got pictures of these signs too but i cant compress the pictures enough to upload them. Ive also got pictures of the car park itself. What can I do about this?

Attached Image

+Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 1 Apr 2019 - 06:37
Post #7

The PCN is the critical one.

SAR request to CEL demanding all the paperwork they hold on you.

Letter to the solicitor requesting all the documents that they intend to use in court in order to narrow the issues between you, as expected by the courts. As the documents will be in their possession in order to perform due diligence before issuing the claim you require these within 7 days.

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Tue, 2 Apr 2019 - 00:53
Post #8

Who is SAR?

Im not sure what you mean. Are you asking me to write a letter to a solicitor in order to request the paperwork which CEL have on me? If so whos solicitor?

+Quote Post
paulajayne
post Tue, 2 Apr 2019 - 09:08
Post #9

Member No.: 48,194

A Subject Access Request (SAR) is the right of an individual to request any 'personal data' we hold for them.

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Wed, 3 Apr 2019 - 00:22
Post #10

Thanks for clearing that up. So do I write to CEL requesting the details they have on me?

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Wed, 3 Apr 2019 - 08:05
Post #11

Member No.: 21,992

QUOTE (ostell @ Mon, 1 Apr 2019 - 07:37) *
SAR request to CEL demanding all the paperwork they hold on you.

Yes.

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Fri, 5 Apr 2019 - 18:36
Post #12

Okay, I will write to CEL requesting SAR. Do they have to provide the information within 7 days of request by law. Where can I find there email address?

Time is against us, I dont have much time to write a defense. This procedure will only add to it. Is there something I can do in the mean time to quicken things up while we wait for the SAR? Or can we take a different route?

Below is a link to a SAR request template I found online. Will this do?

http://www.brand-newhomes.co.uk/subject-ac...late-letter.htm

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 5 Apr 2019 - 19:22
Post #13

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Shmy @ Fri, 5 Apr 2019 - 19:36) *
Do they have to provide the information within 7 days of request by law.

7 days? As per the template you linked it's longer than that.

Writing would probably be better with (Free) proof of posting.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Fri, 5 Apr 2019 - 19:48
Post #14

Yes, I havent yet edited it. I will put 7 days as advised by Ostell My question was are they liable to produce the information within 7 days. Because, if its any longer its going to make it hard for me to write out defense on time.

Do you have CEL email address? I will email and write to them.

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Fri, 5 Apr 2019 - 23:24
Post #15

Ive heard they have up to 30 days to provide information for SAR Request? Help !

This post has been edited by Shmy: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 - 15:44

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 6 Apr 2019 - 20:26
Post #16

Yes, CEL have 30 days to respond to a SAR request. You are not making a SAR request to the solicitor, you want the information they are using to prepare the court case in order to reduce the issues between you, as expected by the courts

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Sun, 7 Apr 2019 - 18:37
Post #17

Okay, But my concern is regarding the defence. Clearly the PCN will not arrive before I have to submit the defence. So my question is how shall I go about writing the defence? You have not seen my PCN so can you stil help me?

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 7 Apr 2019 - 18:46
Post #18

Have CEL employed a solicitor for the case? The name should be on the claim form from the court

+Quote Post
Shmy
post Mon, 8 Apr 2019 - 20:12
Post #19

No they have not employed a solicitor, It says something like (Claimants representative) I have just over 2 weeks to write up a defense (22/04)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 05:18
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here