PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Vehicles without front number plate
youreds91
post Tue, 10 Jul 2018 - 17:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,070

Is it just me, or are there a lot of vehicles on the road without the front number plate attached? It's usually on the dashboard visible through the windscreen. I saw 3 on my short commute home today.
Quite an effective way of avoiding speeding tickets & PPC infractions. If pulled I imagine the conversation will go along the lines of "It got knocked off in a car park officer. I'll reattach it when I get home." "OK sir, on your way then."
So what's the damage if plod decide to pursue it? FPN or something bigger?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 23)
Advertisement
post Tue, 10 Jul 2018 - 17:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jump in jim
post Mon, 16 Jul 2018 - 09:57
Post #21

Member No.: 98,881

QUOTE (Korting @ Mon, 16 Jul 2018 - 08:23) *
QUOTE (Sparxy @ Sun, 15 Jul 2018 - 22:12) *
Has anyone else noticed an increase in the fitment of "tinted" number plates too?

In the daytime they are readable, at dusk/night, they become unreadable at anything over a vehicle length in front.

Are they legal? Or put it another way, what is there about them that could be make them illegal?

The background has to be white at the front and yellow at the back. Tinted ones don’t comply.

+Quote Post
Tartarus
post Mon, 16 Jul 2018 - 10:17
Post #22

Member No.: 76,324

I was going to say "what's this no front plate nonsense" and then I saw two cars over the weekend doing exactly that, the plate was on the dashboard instead!

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 16 Jul 2018 - 10:28
Post #23

Member No.: 317

Its the latest 'yoof' thing, there was one in our road doing it, one day a police car was stopped outside the house, next day it was fitted to the front bumper as per the other 99.9% of cars on the road.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
jdh
post Mon, 16 Jul 2018 - 11:28
Post #24

Member No.: 1,224

I used to have a pair of polarized sunglasses and it was quite surprising how many cars had obviously modified numberplates with a polarized filter on them, if I tilted my head the numbers would disappear.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 23rd July 2018 - 00:21
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.