Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NCP PCN!
RTD
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 19:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,471

Hi everyone smile.gif

My partner and I share a car (registered in my name). We work same hours and she has a monthly NCP parking pass with discounts from her work with the cars numberplate on and it renewed monthly via direct debit.

I tend to drive, one day about a week ago I forgot to put the pass on the dashboard and I had a PCN for £80 - discounted to £50 paid within 14 days.

My partner sent an appeal off and today received an email saying they cant proceed with the appeal as they need written concent from me stating im the driver etc. No address in the email on where to send the letter and the email address is a noreply one! But they happily remind on how to pay with a link to the NCP website and warning if its not paid it could be passed to debt collector (odd that as its not a debt!) and passed to the courts.

What can I do? And who cares about concent, Its my car, were both insured to drive it, why should they need more details! They can clearly see my car with its reg has a valid parking pass on their database!

Help!

Thanks smile.gif

This post has been edited by RTD: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 19:35
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 19:33
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 19:35
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Appealing from a PCN on the car?

What exactly did it say?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
RTD
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 19:43
Post #3

The appeal said we cant process the appeal as your a thirdparty(my partner) appealing on behalf of the driver. She sent the appeal as she pays for the ticket.

And continues to say we can process the appeal once we get signed and dated written concent from the driver stating they were the driver, then we can proceed with the appeal...

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 19:59
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

I meant what was the appeal submitted... wink.gif

Driver identity is crucial.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 20:27
Post #5

Member No.: 60,457

They usually ask for the driver details when they know they are going to have problems chasing the keeper. Do not identify the driver.

+Quote Post
RTD
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 21:14
Post #6

Sorry, yes appeal was sumitted. But on hold till they know who was the driver.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 22:00
Post #7

Member No.: 60,457

Edit that first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

The next thing to happen will be they should send a Notice to keeper to the registered keeper. As there appeared to be a windscreen ticket then the Notice to Keeper has to arrive between day 28 and 56 after the parking event. How many days is it so far? If you can find an address then keep hassling them till day 56 and then they can't send a notice to keeper, well they can be they can't make the keeper liable. THe donotreply addresses do sometimes work

Otherewise just wait and see what happens

This post has been edited by ostell: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 22:00

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 16:05
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here