Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Volunteer manned cameras
Artesia
post Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 04:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,905

Hi

Thank you everyone for your help last time, just have another post I need help with

My friend was driving out of town and got caught doing around 40 mph in a 30 mph zone, nothing has happened yet and he hasn’t received anything for over a week

Not sure of all the details but there were volunteers of children and elderly wearing yellow jackets with a black device in there hand on the clear road he was speeding on, they were hidden around a corner near some parked vehicles. He came back around and asked them what they were doing, they said they were volunteers for the police to catch speeding motorist and that the police would be having a word with him if he continues to speed

My friend has a clean driving license and I was wondering if anything would happen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 04:37
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 05:43
Post #2

Member No.: 317

Usually they will get a ticking off letter, nothing more, Google ‘community speedwatch’ and you’ll understand what the reasoning is.

Not a criminal case so will probably be moved to the flame pit.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Logician
post Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 10:47
Post #3

Member No.: 36,528

Yes, either your friend will get a ticking-off letter or nothing. I remember a senior police officer referring to community speed watch as "pensioners in deck chairs" I do not think he was impressed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DastardlyDick
post Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 21:34
Post #4

Member No.: 54,871

It can act as an "intelligence gathering" exercise - if CSW detect significant numbers of speeders an officer can be sent there with a proper speed gun.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 21:41
Post #5

Member No.: 38,559

One of our local schools seem to have these on a regular basis.
Crocodile of kids lining up to point the gun, teachers and CPO, all in flo yellow jackets and behind guard railings.
Often a few placards saying things like speed kills.

I think its more of a community support and brainwas...sorry, education exercise.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 22:32
Post #6

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 21:41) *
I think its more of a community support and brainwas...sorry, education exercise.

It’s difficult to tell a 6 year old they’re a mindless f**kwit... apparently it’s not the done thing.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 23:11
Post #7

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 22:32) *

It’s difficult to tell a 6 year old they’re a mindless f**kwit... apparently it’s not the done thing.

I made myself unpopular at the local preschool by teaching my 3 year old that the noise the local busybody PCSOs make is "oink oink oink".

When they came in to do their "let's all worry about stupid sh*t no-one cares about" talk my 3 year old started oinking.

Proudest moment of being a father to date getting a telling off for that.

This post has been edited by notmeatloaf: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 23:13

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 23:44
Post #8

Member No.: 38,559

But often true.
And often the offspring of like minded adults.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sat, 3 Feb 2018 - 00:55
Post #9

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Fri, 2 Feb 2018 - 23:11) *

I made myself unpopular at the local preschool by teaching my 3 year old that the noise the local busybody PCSOs make is "oink oink oink".

When they came in to do their "let's all worry about stupid sh*t no-one cares about" talk my 3 year old started oinking.

Proudest moment of being a father to date getting a telling off for that.

You sir are my kind of parent.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
mickR
post Sat, 3 Feb 2018 - 10:53
Post #10

Member No.: 9,919

Apparently the traveller kids at the local primary call them "carnts" but I'm not sure why?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 18:28
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here