PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Failure To Notify, Threads merged
Ariel
post Mon, 30 Oct 2017 - 21:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,760

My Ex is still using my address for his licence and vehicles. He received a speeding ticket last month which I passed onto him, it would appear he has done nothing with it as I have received a reminder!

How long does it usually take from receiving the reminder to the police escalating it to the next step, which I am assuming is court??

I used to deal with everything like this for him and would fill the paperwork in and get him to sign it. As we have split up and things aren't particularly amicable I am not helping him, but am passing the mail on for him to deal with.

I have asked him to stop using my address but it is falling on deaf ears! ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Mon, 30 Oct 2017 - 21:23
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 30 Oct 2017 - 21:26
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

It's fine, you don't need to do anything. Once the bailiffs come round, explain the situation and give them his new address, they'll be more than happy to go and tow his car away from his new address.

If on the other hand you tell him that this is the ultimate outcome, he might update his address, and if he doesn't, he can't say he hasn't been warned.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Mon, 30 Oct 2017 - 21:27
Post #3

Member No.: 14,720

Instead of passing on, mark envelope "Not Known - Return to Sender" and stick it back in letterbox.

If he does not reply, expect a summons anytime in next 4 ish months.

This post has been edited by peterguk: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 - 21:28

--------------------

+Quote Post
Logician
post Mon, 30 Oct 2017 - 23:04
Post #4

Member No.: 36,528

Or write on the envelope "Return to sender, not at this address, try xxxxxxxxxxx" giving his current address, then the police can deal with him direct.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ariel
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 09:27
Post #5

Ex partner received two speeding tickets November 2014 so 6 points on licence. These will have expired last November.
However in September he received another speeding ticket which he did nothing about so has now gone to court! Again done nothing about so assume he will have another 6 points on licence?? He obviously doesn’t care but my question is what date will these be added to his licence, the offence date or court date? If it’s the offence date then the other 6 points were still live! So will he receive a totting ban?
Would like to know as he drives around with our young child and when I’ve tried to discuss whether he has sorted this he doesn’t want to know and judging by the post I still receive I am positive he hasn’t! I obviously don’t want he driving around without a licence!!

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 09:35
Post #6

Member No.: 90,659

Impossible to say without knowing the speed, whether he named the driver initially and then didn't turn up at court and was found guilty in his absence, etc.

If it was a slower speed subsequent to naming the driver the court may have given him less than six points.

As an initial step he needs to check his driving licence online and go from there.

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

With young children if the police stop him and find out he is driving with no licence and/or insurance they will likely seize the vehicle with all the headache that creates.

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 10:19
Post #7

QUOTE (Ariel @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 09:27) *
However in September he received another speeding ticket which he did nothing about

This one? :

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=116661&hl=

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 10:25
Post #8

Member No.: 49,223

If it was 'ignored' then 6 points is almost certain. It's the date of offence that matters so it seems he will have totted and would be banned for 6 months.

If he continues driving then it will be very serious indeed.

A s172 offence (for failing to furnish driver details) occurs around 1 month after the underlying offence - but this still appears to be within the 3 year period.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 11:54
Post #9

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 09:35) *
With young children if the police stop him and find out he is driving with no licence and/or insurance they will likely seize the vehicle with all the headache that creates.

Not to mention the minor inconvenience of being arrested for driving while disqualified and the kids being taken to the police station as a place of safety.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 12:26
Post #10

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 11:54) *

Not to mention the minor inconvenience of being arrested for driving while disqualified and the kids being taken to the police station as a place of safety.

True. I was hoping the OP would spend the two minutes checking the licence online before going into worst case scenarios.

Until then any advice is mainly guesswork.

This post has been edited by notmeatloaf: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 12:26

+Quote Post
baggins1234
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 13:09
Post #11

Member No.: 39,849

Code G? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 14:11
Post #12

QUOTE (baggins1234 @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 13:09) *

Code G? mellow.gif

Don’t be giving me your modern rubbish...

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Ariel
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 18:44
Post #13

Unfortunately I can’t check his licence as don’t have the required details! He has told me it’s nothing to do with me and he’s not worried as they don’t bother to chase these things up anyway!! He did some years ago put a foreign address. Down and a couple of years ago failed to send another back and neither of them ever came to anything so he is rather cocky about the whole thing. For someone that needs his licence for work I don’t understand how he can be so blazay about the situation! He deserves all he gets.

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 19:19
Post #14

Maybe you should consider stopping him from driving around with your child until he shows you he has a valid DL and insurance?

You can check his insurance at askmid.com. Only need reg. number.

Or maybe voice your concerns to local police station?

--------------------

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 19:29
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (peterguk @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 19:19) *

And to make a false declaration...

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 21:04
Post #16

Member No.: 317

Well if the perverting the course of justice comes to light he won’t be driving your kids for a while.

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 21:05

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 22:20
Post #17

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 21:04) *
Well if the perverting the course of justice comes to light he won’t be driving your kids for a while.

Perhaps you would like to explain how ignoring court proceedings amounts to PCoJ? Or is it just a fun phrase to throw around?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 22:21
Post #18

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 22:20) *

Perhaps you would like to explain how ignoring court proceedings amounts to PCoJ? Or is it just a fun phrase to throw around?

I think Simon is referring to the giving foreign address claim.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 22:25
Post #19

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 22:20) *

Perhaps you would like to explain how ignoring court proceedings amounts to PCoJ?

It’s not, and there’s even case law to that effect. However, it seems he ignored the s 172 rather than any court proceedings. That being said, providing false details is PCOJ, which you appear to have missed.

Or is it just a fun phrase to throw around?

Bearing in mind the above you might want to wind your neck in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 22:25
Post #20

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (andy_foster @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 19:29) *
QUOTE (peterguk @ Sun, 11 Mar 2018 - 19:19) *

And to make a false declaration...

Not if she asks for his permission first

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 14:23
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here