PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Brexit,, Wilson V Prime Minister ( Dec 7th )
little-freddie
post Tue, 6 Nov 2018 - 08:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,071

Ok, Leagle Eagles,... I've tried to wade through this,... simple question, Does this have wings?? Can it fly???

http://www.croftsolicitors.com/wp-content/...nt-of-Facts.pdf
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Start new topic
Replies (80 - 89)
Advertisement
post Tue, 6 Nov 2018 - 08:44
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 3 Feb 2019 - 22:01
Post #81

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (nigelbb @ Sun, 3 Feb 2019 - 17:38) *
Parliament's ‘meaningful vote’ on the Brexit deal was only promised after lobbying by pro-EU Conservative MPs led by Dominic Grieve. It's therefore ironic that the ‘meaningful vote’ that was intended to moderate the worst excesses of any Brexit deal has actually given the DUP & ERG nut jobs a veto. Normally the government negotiates treaties & trade deals etc but doesn't need them to be endorsed by Parliament. The PM's team have already negotiated a deal that is acceptable to the government & the EU so in the normal course of business that would be the end of the matter.

It's equally ironic to consider that the Notification of Withdrawal Act only came about thanks to Gina Miller. Basically everything that's been attempted so far to avoid, delay or reverse brexit has actually made a no deal exit more likely. Oh well, another 54 days and we're out.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
emanresu
post Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 08:14
Post #82

Member No.: 13,324

There is a Cambridge academic who reckons a hard/no-deal Brexit is nailed on simply due to political delays/incompetence. It's all down to the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement Implementation) Bill. To leave with a deal requires this bill to be passed before March 29th and the only problem is no-one has seen it yet for the simple reason - implement what?

Additionally, the Bill will require us to implement areas of law where the ECJ will be supreme (EU citizens rights) - something that certain politicians won't swallow. And with the clock ticking, we are well past the time to debate/enact it. Looks more and more like a political cock-up which can be traced back to David Davis.

So what might happen? Will the local fishermen here all of a sudden keep all their catch? Or the local farmers be denied access to Europe?

Hard Brexit tips please.

--------------------
Where there is a claim - there is a counterclaim.
Are Parking companies misusing your personal data or interfering with your lease? Counterclaims are only £25. Makes them sit up and take notice. For leaseholds, join in the Managing agents too. Since the purpose of these claims is to frighten you, give them something to be frightened of.
Subject Access Requests to the DVLA?Find out who accessed your data and when. Try SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk. [Apologies if it does not work]
Double Dip / ANPR FaultsThe BPA Report on ANPR Double Dips is here. Ideal case for a counterclaim (see above).
Printing and posting Witness Statements. Easy and cheap way DoxDirect
What is court like. A District Judge's view

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 08:55
Post #83

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (emanresu @ Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 08:14) *
Hard Brexit tips please.

Start downgrading your expectations, reduce your cash outflow, don't save money but buy goods that will store or you can barter, stock up on essential medicines supply.

Consider a bunker under your back garden.

OK the second sentence was tongue in cheek.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 11:42
Post #84

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 08:55) *
Hard Brexit tips please.

Start downgrading your expectations, reduce your cash outflow, don't save money but buy goods that will store or you can barter, stock up on essential medicines supply.

To put a positive spin on things, I'm a type 1 diabetic and I'm not stocking up on insulin. If things are as bad as you fear, I won't be around for long.

So what might happen? Will the local fishermen here all of a sudden keep all their catch? Or the local farmers be denied access to Europe?

No deal fisheries arrangements were announced by the European Commission, so assuming the UK government provides reciprocal access, nothing will change until the UK government implements a new fisheries policy, see https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/...48-final_en.pdf and https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/...49-final_en.pdf

Local farmers can't be "denied" access to Europe as this would be a breach of the EU's WTO obligations.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 17:04
Post #85

Member No.: 38,559

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 11:42) *
......….Local farmers can't be "denied" access to Europe as this would be a breach of the EU's WTO obligations.

Aye
Tell that to French farmers who over the years have happily attempted to deny access into France despite EU obligations. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
emanresu
post Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 18:59
Post #86

Member No.: 13,324

I may have missed the mark here. Perhaps I should try a separate thread. This is more of an insurance/hedging comment - an area the UK excels at.

Whilst we may crash out (according to the Cambridge legal academic) we may not. The UK fishermen may be able to keep all their catch but may not if reciprocation is granted. UK farmers will not be excluded but may find the EU tariffs such that it is not economically worthwhile to try to sell there.

No-one can say what will happen but what steps have people taken to cope with the possible scenarios. Head-in-sand seems the overwhelming majority and good luck with that. Personally I have an EU passport and CHF - but that is my simple approach to the matter. I also think that Portuguese and Spanish property may become worthwhile when it is abandoned by UK residents leaving. But these are possibilities rather than probabilities.

There must be #Brexit positives if we all want to have it?

--------------------
Where there is a claim - there is a counterclaim.
Are Parking companies misusing your personal data or interfering with your lease? Counterclaims are only £25. Makes them sit up and take notice. For leaseholds, join in the Managing agents too. Since the purpose of these claims is to frighten you, give them something to be frightened of.
Subject Access Requests to the DVLA?Find out who accessed your data and when. Try SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk. [Apologies if it does not work]
Double Dip / ANPR FaultsThe BPA Report on ANPR Double Dips is here. Ideal case for a counterclaim (see above).
Printing and posting Witness Statements. Easy and cheap way DoxDirect
What is court like. A District Judge's view

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 21:01
Post #87

Member No.: 49,223

Eurotunnel (Getlink) are highly likely to sue for damages due to profits being hit. Hmmm.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 23:36
Post #88

Member No.: 38,559

QUOTE (Jlc @ Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 21:01) *
Eurotunnel (Getlink) are highly likely to sue for damages due to profits being hit. Hmmm.

Wolverhampton Express and Star headlined that bus services will collapse after Brexit..... Polish drivers are going home and recruitment is not keeping up !

FFS, let's blame anything on Brexit we possibly can seems to be the name of the game.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 23:57
Post #89

They surely I should be able to sue as well, after all the Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003 costs me a bloody fortune every year. On the other hand, it might be the case that certain matters of state, such as the enactment of tax legislation and the conduct of international relations, are part of the sovereign functions of the state that are not open to judicial challenge.

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 23:36) *

Wolverhampton Express and Star headlined that bus services will collapse after Brexit..... Polish drivers are going home and recruitment is not keeping up !

Well there's plenty of youngsters who aren't so keen on an academic career and want to be earning some money. Why bother with all this further education nonsense, train them up to drive a bus in a few weeks and they have a job for life.

--------------------
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 23:57
Post #90

Member No.: 9,683

The bus company I work part-time for has about 80% of its staff of non-British origin (it's the best way I can describe it) or not native British born and bred. Spread this across the London bus fleet that's 80% of an awful lot of drivers who could "go back to where they came from" as some would wish to happen. There's over 20,000 bus drivers in London.

This could be part of the reason Citizen Khan is decimating central London bus services at the end of March.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 22nd March 2019 - 13:19
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.