Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

MS90
Red5
post Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 14:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,001

Hello first post any help appreciated.

I received a NIP in July 2018 for exceeding a 50mph limit (speed 61) 13/07/18 the car is my wife’s but registered in my name no problem she admits the offence and attends a speed awareness course.
I also receive another NIP on 3/8/18 for exceeding 50mph limit (speed 61) 28/07/18 incidentally the same camera, again my wife’s car she was driving.The drivers decleration form filled in and returned after receiving the reminder. We then received the offence summary on 14/11/18.
My wife contacted the court reiterating she was the guilty party and whoever she spoke to assured her not to worry as you could make your plea in court.I assumed I would get a court summons in December.
Today 19/01/19 I have received a notice and collection order for £811.00 and my licence has been endorsed with 6 penalty points.
I have never in 33 years of driving been convicted of any offence and have no understanding of the court system. Please help my wife admits it was her driving and as I drive for a living there is a real possibility I could lose my job.

Thankyou in advance

Steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Red5
post Sun, 20 Jan 2019 - 00:12
Post #2

Member No.: 102,001

Yes I have a copy of the reminder I returned although I have no proof of postage.
Should I not have received a court summons as I was led to believe I could identify the driver at court proceedings.

This post has been edited by Red5: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 - 00:31

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sun, 20 Jan 2019 - 08:36
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Red5 @ Sun, 20 Jan 2019 - 00:12) *
Yes I have a copy of the reminder I returned although I have no proof of postage.
Should I not have received a court summons as I was led to believe I could identify the driver at court proceedings.

I'm totally confused now.

Who received the SJPN? Was the nomination you returned signed? Who lead you to believe the driver could be identified at court?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 23:15
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here