PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

B579 luton rd
morph_x3me
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 20:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,099

Got a nip on b579 luton road south of junction with water end lane. There was a truvelo camera going in the opposite direction which has road markings.

I remember coming back and it was downhill with no road marking and i saw two flashes from behind.

37 in 30. Is there anything that can be done or shall i just send off and accept (hopefully) a SAC.

Looking on this site it says there is a truvelo d camera however it was definitely a normal truvelo that gets you from the front usually
https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/database/EEB/eeb070.htm

This is the location: I was travelling away from the camera. Although streetview shows markings in the opposite direction, there weren't any when i was flashed a week ago (not that would make much difference i guess)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.9272331,-...3312!8i6656

This post has been edited by morph_x3me: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 21:37
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Advertisement
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 20:49
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 21:04
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Assuming the NIP was delivered within the necessary timescales, the signage (and/or any relevant order) was correct and you were speeding then it is unlikely you have a defence.

The course is probably the best outcome.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 21:36
Post #3

Member No.: 36,528

For 37 in a 30 you should get the offer of a course, orvided you have not done one for an offence within the last three years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
morph_x3me
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 21:38
Post #4

Thanks for the response.

Offence was only a week ago so within timescales and no course done previously.

Just for my reference, im guessing there don't need to be any road markings to have a valid offence?

Shall I return via recorded delivery as i like to have a piece of mind

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 21:45
Post #5

QUOTE (morph_x3me @ Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 21:38) *
Just for my reference, im guessing there don't need to be any road markings to have a valid offence?

What sort of road markings? I can see the corroboration marks on the road.

I would note it's not a restricted road - but there is a repeater just before the camera after passing the terminal signs.

Shall I return via recorded delivery as i like to have a piece of mind

Standard 1st with proof of posting is sufficient. (Take a copy of your response too)

This post has been edited by Jlc: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 21:46

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Logician
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 21:50
Post #6

Member No.: 36,528

Thanks for the response. Offence was only a week ago so within timescales and no course done previously. Just for my reference, im guessing there don't need to be any road markings to have a valid offence? Shall I return via recorded delivery as i like to have a piece of mind

There need be no road markings and no camera warning signs, there needs to be a system of streetlighting with lights at less than 200 yard intervals which creates a restricted road with a 30mph limit, or a Traffic Regulation Order setting a 30mph limit and terminal signs indicating the start of the limit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
morph_x3me
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 22:19
Post #7

I meant markings on the road for the camera. As you menetioned there doesnt need ti be any. You can see them in the street view however this is a couple years old and now they were not visible at all. One of the reasons why i got flashed as yoy cannot see the camera on the other side of the road either especially in at night time with no lighting

This post has been edited by morph_x3me: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 22:19

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 22:23
Post #8

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (morph_x3me @ Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 22:19) *
One of the reasons why i got flashed

The only reason you were flashed is because you triggered it due to your excessive speed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
morph_x3me
post Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 22:44
Post #9

QUOTE (peterguk @ Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 22:23) *
QUOTE (morph_x3me @ Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 22:19) *
One of the reasons why i got flashed

The only reason you were flashed is because you triggered it due to your excessive speed.

Agreed..i was merely stating why it wasnt avoided..

+Quote Post
baroudeur
post Fri, 2 Mar 2018 - 11:40
Post #10

Member No.: 73,212

QUOTE (morph_x3me @ Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 20:49) *
Got a nip on b579 luton road south of junction with water end lane. There was a truvelo camera going in the opposite direction which has road markings.

I remember coming back and it was downhill with no road marking and i saw two flashes from behind.

37 in 30. Is there anything that can be done or shall i just send off and accept (hopefully) a SAC.

Looking on this site it says there is a truvelo d camera however it was definitely a normal truvelo that gets you from the front usually
https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/database/EEB/eeb070.htm

This is the location: I was travelling away from the camera. Although streetview shows markings in the opposite direction, there weren't any when i was flashed a week ago (not that would make much difference i guess)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.9272331,-...3312!8i6656

If you were travelling southbound towards Luton when you were flashed the road was flat and level. It's only downhill coming from Luton and flattens out well before the camera.

That camera was changed fairly recently is Truvelo D and uses infra red flash which cannot be seen.

QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 1 Mar 2018 - 21:45) *
What sort of road markings? I can see the corroboration marks on the road.

I would note it's not a restricted road - but there is a repeater just before the camera after passing the terminal signs.

The village has terminal 30 signs at each end and repeaters with camera warning icons.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 2 Mar 2018 - 12:03
Post #11

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (baroudeur @ Fri, 2 Mar 2018 - 12:40) *
That camera was changed fairly recently is Truvelo D and uses infra red flash which cannot be seen.

Are you sure, I understood all UK Truvelo had stayed with visible spectrum and a magenta 'anti-dazzle' (for what its worth) filter.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
morph_x3me
post Sat, 3 Mar 2018 - 08:44
Post #12

The camera definitely flashed only way i realised there was one there. It was dark and first time there so i didnt actually see the camera.
I turned around to find the camera abd it was definitely the one that has a roubd eye on it and usually get you from the front. Not the modern truvelo d types

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Sat, 3 Mar 2018 - 09:33
Post #13

Member No.: 96,238

I thought it was the Gatsos that flashed twice to measure how the the car had travelled and the Truvellos only flashed once to see if the car was on the three white lines

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 3 Mar 2018 - 09:42
Post #14

Truvelo's use buried sensors to measure the speed (twice). A delay is then calculated to reach the corroboration marks - a snap is taken and if the front wheels are within the marks then it confirms the speed.

They can be configured in both approaching and receding modes, the former being more common. This one is configured as bi-directional and has an auxiliary flash. AFAIK all UK units use visible spectrum, usually with a magenta filter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
baroudeur
post Sat, 3 Mar 2018 - 12:59
Post #15

Member No.: 73,212

QUOTE (Jlc @ Sat, 3 Mar 2018 - 09:42) *
Truvelo's use buried sensors to measure the speed (twice). A delay is then calculated to reach the corroboration marks - a snap is taken and if the front wheels are within the marks then it confirms the speed.

They can be configured in both approaching and receding modes, the former being more common. This one is configured as bi-directional and has an auxiliary flash. AFAIK all UK units use visible spectrum, usually with a magenta filter.

A set of three buried piezo sensors in each lane at the same location can be seen on GSV which may indicate bi-direction operation. Can you confirm this is working in both directions?

It appears that this camera is being listed incorrectly by some websites as a Truvelo D when it's not. However, the new style separate flash unit seems to indicate it is a digital unit and probably infra red.

Edit: It appears that the camera at this location is a Truvelo D digital infra red camera from this link. A cheaper replacement unit rather than the top-of-the-range version?

Truvelo D cameras

This post has been edited by baroudeur: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 - 13:33

+Quote Post
morph_x3me
post Tue, 13 Mar 2018 - 19:18
Post #16

So i received a SAC offer however when i go online and try ny license number it says not recognised and to contact the police force with the details on the offer letter
There are no contact details for that police force nor can i get a contact number for thwm online. Does it take a few days for the system to update? As the letter was only sent to me a day or so ago

edit*
Just tried it again a few times and its started working oddly enough

This post has been edited by morph_x3me: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 - 19:26

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 10:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here