PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help! Parking Ticket (UK P.A.O. Leeds)
tallgirl
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 12:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,879

I have reading other posts with interest and I am wondering what people will make of a ticket I have been issued. Photo here: (for the reason - under with out valid permit or authority! the writing says 'photo of me leaving site')

The ticket was issued 2 minutes after I parked!
The carpark was for Maplin and other some other stores in Leeds. I did leave the site to use a post box but returned to use the stores. I did not read the detial on the signs so did not think leaving the site for a short time would result in a ticket.
(will get photo of sign later)
On reading the signs after the event the signs say parking is allowed for 1 hour and that leaving site is not allowed.

Does this need to be paid?

In leaving site I have not complied with the sign but it looks from others on the site that this is not enforceable??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (200 - 219)
Advertisement
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 12:06
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
bama
post Fri, 25 Jan 2008 - 22:42
Post #201

Member No.: 4,323

what location Abbie ?

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
Abbie
post Sat, 26 Jan 2008 - 14:05
Post #202

Member No.: 13,307

It is based in Leeds....!

So how much can i bill for a supposed counter claim....I am going to have to take the afternoon off work so if i bill myself out at ohh £250 a hour. Plus travel. Plus car Parking in the centre of Leeds. Plus the general pain and suffering that I have had to endure (and that is worth an awful lot).

Shame there is no way to bankrupt these crooks!

I have not been sent any further documentation from UK PAO since their last letter a whle back. The Court has never forwarded anything from them either except for their orignal claim form.

+Quote Post
Barnsley Boy
post Sat, 26 Jan 2008 - 14:40
Post #203

Member No.: 14,403

Abbie,

Others know this better than me but I understand the costs you can recover are pretty limited.

http://www.claim-link.co.uk/fees-costs.htm

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmselect/cmconst/519/51905.htm

This is an extract from a report in 2005, I don't know if the allowances have gone up in the interim or what you are allowed for preparation of counterclaim costs.

11. The costs that can be recovered by the successful party in a small claim are strictly limited. For most types of claim, the court may only award:

court fees and fixed commencement (solicitor) costs (under CPR Part 45);
limited loss of earnings for party and any witnesses (currently £50 per day) plus travelling and overnight expenses; and the fees of a permitted expert (currently limited to £200);
Where the claim includes the requirement for an injunction, a further amount (currently £260) can be claimed for legal advice and assistance in preparing the claim.[6]
12. Generally, no costs can be claimed for legal representation or for the services of a "lay representative". Although lawyers are not banned from small claims hearings in England and Wales (as they have been in some other jurisdictions), the lack of potential cost recovery discourages the use of legal representatives.

It's a shame you and UK PAO are both local to Leeds. It would have been fun if you lived in Dover or Cornwall and had elected to hold the hearing there.

This post has been edited by Barnsley Boy: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 - 14:45

+Quote Post
jdfi
post Sat, 26 Jan 2008 - 17:24
Post #204

Member No.: 13,384

QUOTE (Abbie @ Fri, 25 Jan 2008 - 18:13) *
Ok i have a date......4 April 2008 at 2.30pm!!

Any one want to come!!!

I have to file all the documents that I intend to rely on so if anyone has any great advice on that it would be helpful.

Also i have been told I can file a witness statement as well so any help on that as well - I assume that wont be too dissimilar to the actual defence.

I like the last line though of the Notice - "A party in default may be ordered to pay the costs of a wasted hearing". Shall i just tell them who to make out the cheque to now?

Anyone who could or would like to help please either post or PM me!!

And if you want to come for the circus by all means do!!

A

Abbie, I promised a while ago that I would like to come and watch. Please reserve me a ringside seat.

Bama/Lee Gomery/Legal Advisor, any of you folks fancy a day out in Leeds? I'll get the beers afterwards.

--------------------
Everyone on this forum (even those who may be professionally qualified as something) give advice that is their laymans' opinion. This is given without liability. Everyone will assume you are telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and try to assist you if they can. Photos of signs/the area and scans of documents can help. Never throw anything away even if trivial! Tell all your friends about PePiPoo please!

+Quote Post
bama
post Sat, 26 Jan 2008 - 17:29
Post #205

date and location make it next to impossible unless something changes. if it does change will be there just to not see P.A.O. as they will not be showing up...

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
daratoma
post Sun, 27 Jan 2008 - 13:31
Post #206

Member No.: 15,837

Hi Abbie,
I've sent you a PM. I'd like a day out at the courts with my knitting.
Daratoma.

+Quote Post
leegomery16
post Sun, 27 Jan 2008 - 16:33
Post #207

Member No.: 15,918

I love Leeds. I'll see what I'm doing on 4/4.

--------------------
Someone not paying VAT when they should? Email: HM Revenue & Customs

Laws, like men, are born to die. Justice is immortal.

+Quote Post
Abbie
post Sun, 27 Jan 2008 - 17:54
Post #208

Ahh bless you all!!

Its ok the beers are on me!! If I win!

I wonder if they will back out before then....

+Quote Post
weasel
post Sun, 27 Jan 2008 - 18:36
Post #209

Member No.: 7,625

If they are true to form they will fail to turn up on the day as long you as continue to fight, this is a last throw of the dice to try and frighten you into paying their silly invoice, well done for standing up to these low lifes!! notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by weasel: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 - 18:40

--------------------
Camera partnerships ----- probably the best liars in the world!

+Quote Post
Barnsley Boy
post Sun, 27 Jan 2008 - 22:30
Post #210

Abbie,

I would have loved a ringside seat too, unfortunately work and location prevents this. Having said all that I would have moved heaven and earth to see it if I thought for a moment that anyone from Scumbags 'R@ UsUK PAO would turn up.

Having to get the beers in when you win!

Surely that is a legitimate expense - get LA or Leegomery on the case, I'm sure they will be able to find the right phrases to get this past the beak.

+Quote Post
bama
post Sun, 27 Jan 2008 - 22:46
Post #211

They will not show up.

On the extremely wild chance that they do besides all the fun that will give you do not forget to all chime in unison
"Hiya Steve !" smile.gif

but they won't show up sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Abbie
post Tue, 29 Jan 2008 - 09:17
Post #212

You are all very positive that they will not show up ......

However what happens if they do!????

Do i need a solicitor to fight my case or will I be ok on my own?

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 29 Jan 2008 - 10:41
Post #213

If they show up the Judge will jump ALL over them and you have even more fun.
You will also have supporters on-site...

Never forget that PPCs know how the Con works and how it fails.

Steve is far too fly and has been in the game far too long to risk everything IMV.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jayen4
post Tue, 29 Jan 2008 - 12:42
Post #214

Member No.: 5,081

Hey Bama....you forgot to add ' Hiya Steve' ...Ha Haa ! biggrin.gif You obviously know this character !??

Can I just say that I hope Abbie wipes the floor with this lot ! I HATE scammers !

I have read through most of this thread and I was wondering....... What would happen if one got a 'ticket' from this lot (or any others like them) and you sent them a letter,telling then straight that you knew very well that they were just a bunch of scammers and would not be paying them a penny OR responding to any further communication from them ??

Oh and........................... HIYA STEVE !!! lol laugh.gif

(and Hiya everyone...not been on for ages ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Barnsley Boy
post Tue, 29 Jan 2008 - 13:42
Post #215

Bama,

Totally off topic, but can't help noticing that your 2000th posting is fast approching - any plans to mark the event?

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 29 Jan 2008 - 14:31
Post #216

well I know a PPC 'managed' car park not too far away.... I may park in there to have a celebratory sandwich or something...

--------------------

+Quote Post
rainbows
post Wed, 30 Jan 2008 - 17:52
Post #217

Member No.: 16,948

been reading this forum with interest as i received a ticket from PAO a couple of days ago whilst in headingley.

i was willing to pay a few pounds to par for a couple of hours (anyone who knows headingley knows how hard it is to park for free!!), but approaching the pay & display machine it stated 'not in use' on the display.

i went in the pub that owned the car park, spoke to 3 members of staff who assured me i could park the car there, "no problems, it never works anyway!"

on arriving at my car i noticed the parking charge & duly went to speak to manager of pub who told me they have no control over issuing tickets but he would e-mail PAO to cancel ticket, then he would e-mail me to confirm this. he also told me not to appeal against charge.

i am right in thinking i can just ignore this & any letters sent to me, or do i need to contact PAO with 1 of those letters i have seen posted on here? only asking 'cos i dont trust this company, nor all the people that work in the pub i spoke to, who assured me i could park!

+Quote Post
neil24103
post Wed, 30 Jan 2008 - 18:00
Post #218

Member No.: 10,869

QUOTE (rainbows @ Wed, 30 Jan 2008 - 17:52) *
been reading this forum with interest as i received a ticket from PAO a couple of days ago whilst in headingley.

i was willing to pay a few pounds to par for a couple of hours (anyone who knows headingley knows how hard it is to park for free!!), but approaching the pay & display machine it stated 'not in use' on the display.

i went in the pub that owned the car park, spoke to 3 members of staff who assured me i could park the car there, "no problems, it never works anyway!"

on arriving at my car i noticed the parking charge & duly went to speak to manager of pub who told me they have no control over issuing tickets but he would e-mail PAO to cancel ticket, then he would e-mail me to confirm this. he also told me not to appeal against charge.

i am right in thinking i can just ignore this & any letters sent to me, or do i need to contact PAO with 1 of those letters i have seen posted on here? only asking 'cos i dont trust this company, nor all the people that work in the pub i spoke to, who assured me i could park!

unenforcable

+Quote Post
Wayne Pendle
post Wed, 30 Jan 2008 - 18:25
Post #219

Member No.: 5,088

QUOTE (Abbie @ Sun, 27 Jan 2008 - 17:54) *
Ahh bless you all!!

Its ok the beers are on me!! If I win!

I wonder if they will back out before then....

Beer?? I'll be there then biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
chadders
post Wed, 30 Jan 2008 - 19:21
Post #220

Member No.: 1,888

i am right in thinking i can just ignore this & any letters sent to me, or do i need to contact PAO

Why not hook up with Abbie on "her day out" icon_idea.gif

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 05:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here