PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DVLA and Indigo Park Solutions
dramaqueen
post Thu, 8 Feb 2018 - 11:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,587

I first mentioned this in this thread: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry1352640. But I thought I’d better bring it into the Flame Pit as it’s a bit of a saga. So…..

In an email dated 24th January Glenda Hire of the DVLA told me:

Indigo Parking have advised that they are not and have not for a number of months been requesting data whilst they are investigating this matter

The Indigo we are talking about is Indigo Park Solutions UK Ltd (previously Meteor) who manage railway station car parks, mainly those operated by Govia-owned TOCs - GTR (Southern, Great Northern and Thameslink), and Southeastern.

The matter we are talking about is Indigo’s mixing of Byelaws and contract enforcement. I complained back in 2016 about Indigo’s signs, which give the false impression they have the power to impose penalties for breach of the Byelaws (only the Court can do that). I also complained that whilst their signs all scream Byelaws enforcement, their windscreen tickets tell you it’s a contract matter: “by entering this car park you have agreed and are contracted to be legally bound by those terms and conditions”. Indigo refuse to clarify the legal basis for their “penalties”.

Anyway, it soon became evident that Ms. Hire’s information was false: Indigo Park Solutions actually made 877 KADOE requests in December alone, and NTKs are therefore still being sent out as normal. I reported back to the DVLA and yesterday got their reply.

As previously advised, Southeastern Trains have not been recovering penalties for some time. Indigo have made enquiries for other customers during the period.

Well I love cryptic clues but for the life of me I can’t see how “Indigo are not requesting data” can turn into “Southeastern have not been recovering penalties”.

Yet another example of the DVLA ‘s absolute determination to let the PPCs do what they like. It doesn’t give a lot of confidence in the success of the new CoP, which will be entirely reliant on this lot to give it any teeth.

This post has been edited by dramaqueen: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 - 11:33
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Thu, 8 Feb 2018 - 11:32
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
freddy1
post Thu, 8 Feb 2018 - 11:47
Post #2

Member No.: 9,897

slight twist on this , adaptis solutions sending begging letters out for indigo car parks http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789847 complete with offer of POPLa cade!

notice on the dash website when you strip it back , ncp are a partner , adaptis are not an ata , and were actually banned from dvla access a few yrs ago

no company number listed on website or on letters

still awaiting updates from DVLA

This post has been edited by freddy1: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 - 11:54

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Thu, 8 Feb 2018 - 12:48
Post #3

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (dramaqueen @ Thu, 8 Feb 2018 - 11:32) *
I reported back to the DVLA and yesterday got their reply.

As previously advised, Southeastern Trains have not been recovering penalties for some time. Indigo have made enquiries for other customers during the period.

Well I love cryptic clues but for the life of me I can’t see how “Indigo are not requesting data” can turn into “Southeastern have not been recovering penalties”.

Kind of depends on the context of your complaint, doesn't it? For example, if the signs you'd provided details of were Southeastern ones then the response would have been entirely reasonable.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
dramaqueen
post Thu, 8 Feb 2018 - 13:18
Post #4

Member No.: 71,587

Standard Indigo sign - same as you can find at all Govia stations.

Besides that, Indigo have never requested DVLA data on behalf of Southeastern. Southeastern have always done that themselves, manually, through their own department called Debt Recovery and Prosecution Services.

So the issue of Indigo's KADOE access to data only concerned requests on the behalf the othe Govia TOCs.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Thu, 8 Feb 2018 - 15:10
Post #5

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Like I said, it depends what was in your complaint whether the response was reasonable or not.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Fri, 9 Feb 2018 - 22:08
Post #6

Member No.: 90,659

DVLA are morons. No doubt one person has banned them but the person working at the next desk who deals with the KADOEs has deleted the email by mistake and so keeps handing them out. Meanwhile the desk opposite will be refunding the £2.50s because they don't realise Indigo are getting the details.

I have seen more intelligent forms of life living in petri dishes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 26th May 2018 - 00:29
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.