PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What's a heavy oil vehicle?
stamfordman
post Wed, 3 Jan 2018 - 20:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,924

I've had a text from Islington saying that from tomorrow diesel and 'heavy oil' vehicles will be charged £2 more per hour to park.

What is a heavy oil vehicle?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 21)
ManxRed
post Tue, 9 Jan 2018 - 09:18
Post #21

Member No.: 21,992

QUOTE (Tartarus @ Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 16:32) *
Haven't a lot of policies such as that just been circumvented by people having an applicable vehicle for each day?

Yes, people started buying 2nd cars, which were old bangers with high emissions that had number plates which allowed them to drive on the other days, and it just made things worse!

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Tue, 9 Jan 2018 - 09:18
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
DastardlyDick
post Sun, 28 Jan 2018 - 20:09
Post #22

Member No.: 54,871

QUOTE (jdh @ Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 14:26) *
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 14:02) *
QUOTE (jdh @ Mon, 8 Jan 2018 - 13:54) *
......While they're at it they can add a 50% surcharge for gaudy colours, base trim levels or out-of-area registrations just because they can.

For years I've been waiting for Red Cars Only on Mondays or something equally as stupid.
It may happen yet.

We've still got some places round here with parking bays each side but one side parking only allowed on Mon, Wed, Friday and the other, Tue, Thurs, Sat. Often seen people caught on the wrong side for the day.
Why not simply have parking one side only all week ?

Sorry, I digress.

Various places have done 'odd numbered cars on odd days, even numbers on even days' type schemes to reduce traffic numbers for pollution reasons (IIRC).

hey tried that one in Athens a few years ago - all that happened was that people bought a wreck with the 'other' reg and swapped plates!
Athens had a serious pollution problem at the time with smog being visible most days - having 4 'rush hours' per day didn't help!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 19th February 2018 - 07:50
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.