PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Tyre Aspect Ratio. Can i fit 65's instead of 70's?
Roamingandy
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 21:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,810

in the UK i don't really worry about summer/winter tyre changes as the temp is pretty modest and on the few days its really bad i can just not drive. I'm thinking of heading on a road trip to Europe and driving through hot to cold countries with nowhere to store 4 spare tyres, the only option really is all-weathers. one of my current tyres isn't and one ..maybe 2 others are getting a bit past it for a long road trip so i'm looking at getting 4 new tyres

the reviews and tests on these look fantastic, and the price is great too, but the aspect ratio is 65 rather than the manufacturer suggested 70. Vredestein don't make this tyre in a 70, although everything else is the same.

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m138b0s7994p1255..._Noise%3A_69dB#

the official MOT guide says its grounds for a failure if:

a. One tyre is of a different nominal size or aspect ratio to any other on the same axle

which to me reads that its ok as long as the alternate side is the same. i'd imagine that the difference is less than having one worn tire and one new anyway, but i wanted to request some experienced opinions before purchasing in case i'm about to get myself into a hole

the vehicle is a 2002 311CDI Mercedes Sprinter and the manufacturers guidance says tyres should be: 195/70 R15. can i legally use them?

thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 14:15
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here