PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Liverpool JLA Letter of Claim received
webster1
post Tue, 14 Nov 2017 - 23:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,099

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can assist. I've had advice from the facebook Fight Your Private Parking Invoice Page but now I've received a Letter of Claim from BW Legal threatening to take me to the County Court for an alleged 'parking offence' stopping in a prohibited zone at JLA.
I've responded to all VCS letters, this has now been passed to BW Legal who are saying pay £160 to avoid us taking you to Court. Advice all the way has been no way will this get to Court, but here I am being threatened with County Court.
Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated. As you can imagine I'm worried about this and thinking should payment have been made when the first letter came through the door with the £60 fine.
Thanking you in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24  
Start new topic
Replies (460 - 461)
post Yesterday, 19:02
Post #461

Member No.: 95,634

If, as VCS claims, the bylaws are land-specific (not moveable), then does mean that the 1982 bylaws are still in place on the land now abandoned?

Surely not, so that would suggest that the bylaws move with the land.

But there must be limits. If 'Scotland Airport' was in Glasgow and then moved to Edinborough would the bylaws move with it? Seems a push to me.

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Yesterday, 19:02
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
whjohnson
post Yesterday, 19:11
Post #462

Member No.: 75,738

, BW have access to many many thousands of unpaid tickets , how many (%) are liable to have moved house?

Indeed, and how many have passed away? How many no longer reside in the UK? How many are now statute-barred under the 6 year rule? Variables! Variables!

To Webster - I am happy to donate a few quid to the costs of this fight if need be. I am not confident in my knowledge to offer anything for a written defence but I do hope that those on this board who are better-placed in terms of legal knowledge will join together and assist you in formulating a reasonable challenge.

I still suspect that this may be a last gasp attempt to extort monies before new private parking regulations are introduced or the new bye laws are completed and implemented.
Therefore, I believe that this one is worth a fight whatever the consequences.
Good luck, and I agree with taking it off-board if need be.

This post has been edited by whjohnson: Yesterday, 19:14

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 18th February 2018 - 00:47
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.